Employment Guide | Working in NZ | Moving to NZ | Living in NZ | Helpful Information | Job Search


Your family doctor or general practitioner (GP) will probably be your first contact with the health system. It is recommended that once you decide where you are going to live you register with a GP in your area. It is free to register with any GP of your choice. You must pay a charge for each GP visit, but you may be eligible for government subsidies. A friend or support person can stay with you during most medical examinations.